Safety is Always #1 With Epic
Above all else, Epic Energy Resources is committed to working safely. We are committed to ensuring that all employees, contractors and other personnel working at company facilities or on client projects are working safely, with the expectation of ‘Zero Incidents and Zero Injuries’. With the knowledge gained from safety programs and ongoing training, our employees will be capable of identifying work hazards and able to safely control or prevent exposure to these hazards.
Our HSE&C Policy Statement
We believe that all incidents are preventable, and to achieve that we will:
- Demonstrate that safety is equal to production and profits, except in cases of conflict, at which time safety will prevail.
- Assign clear Health, Safety, Environmental and Regulatory Compliance (HSE&C) responsibilities to all employees and contractors to manage accountability throughout the organization.
- Provide employees with the required resources to meet assigned responsibilities.
- Effectively train employees and assess both their competency and HSE&C leadership skills.
- Recognize and reward individuals who exhibit behaviors consistent with HSE&C policies and standards.
- Continually improve HSE&C programs to enhance performance and demonstrate Epic's leadership within the industry.
- Work with our clients to ensure the guiding principles of this policy are effectively integrated into commercial agreements, operational decisions and work procedures.
Our HSE&C Plan is:
Continue to improve the quality of occupational health management by:
- Controlling more effectively the health risks arising from our activities
- Promoting the benefit of healthy lifestyles for our employees
Reduce the number of injuries across our business by:
- Using leading indicators to measure proactive performance
- Ensuring our personnel are properly inducted and trained
- Ensuring proper security and emergency response plans are in place and tested
- Combating complacency in routine activities by providing annual refresher training courses and through behavior case studies.
Maintaining a focus on high risk areas such as:
- pressure equipment
- electrical safety
- lifting operations
- Improving Asset Integrity and Process Safety to mitigate the major hazards in our activity
Continue to improve environmental management by:
- Placing the same high regard to the environment as we do on safety
- Reporting on appropriate environmental indicators
- Evaluating work practices and processes that could adversely affect the environment
- Managing waste more efficiently
Continue to improve Compliance management by:
- Performing our work within the Local, State and Federal regulation guidelines
- Performing our work in an ethical manor
- Evaluating work practices and processes
Safety Counsel Memberships
Epic is proud of our members with the following safety counsels:
- PEC Premier